FAQ – Bible or Christian College

Move the Mission Scholarship Applicant Requirements and Scholarship Availability:

Q: Who can apply for a MTM Scholarship?

  • US or Canadian Citizen
  • Under 25 years of age on February 1st
  • Full-time Bible/Christian College student attending on campus
  • Do not have to live on college campus

Q: How many scholarships are available?
ANS: This is determined yearly based on Move the Mission offering allocation.

Q: How much are MTM Scholarships worth?
ANS: The MTM Scholarship for Level One recipients is $2,500.00 and for Level Two recipients is $1,500.00. Level 3 are UGST MTM Scholarships are $1,000.00.

Move the Mission Scholarship Application Deadline and Requirements:

Q: How do I submit my application?
ANS: All MTM scholarships must be submitted online.

Q: What is the application deadline?
ANS: February 1st of the year prior to enrollment.

Q: What information is required for the MTM application?

  • Completed online application form.
  • FAFSA – Student Aid Report (US students) / CanLearn (Canadian students)
  • Two of three reference forms submitted online.
  • Most recent transcripts

Move the Mission Scholarship Reference Forms Questions:

Q: How many reference forms are required?

  • Pastoral Reference Form is required for all applicants.
  • Scholastic and/or Employer Reference Form – if possible, include both.
  • If you have not held a job, the Employer Reference Form is not required.

Q: If I was home schooled, who can fill out my Scholastic Reference Form?
ANS: The person that oversees the home school process, a Sunday School teacher, music teacher, or other type of teacher are all acceptable references.

Q: Will my application be approved without a reference form?

  • The Pastoral Reference Form is required. Your application will be considered incomplete if it is not received by our office.
  • One or both the Employer and/or Scholastic Forms are required.

Q: How will my pastor, employer, and school receive reference forms?

  • Once you apply for a MTM Scholarship you will receive an email with links to each reference form. It is your responsibility to email the reference forms to your pastor, employer, and/or school.
  • The reference form links are also posted on the scholarship page of movethemission.com.

Q: When do my reference forms need to be submitted?
ANS: At least two of the three reference forms MUST be submitted no later than February 1.

Transcript Questions:

Q: Are transcripts required?
ANS: Yes, we must receive a copy of your transcripts in order for your application to be considered complete.

Q: Where do I obtain a copy of my transcripts?
ANS: It is requested that whoever fills out your Scholastic Reference Form submits an official copy of your transcripts. However, these may also be submitted directly from the school office.
If you are home-schooled, the person that processes your grades or the institution that processes your tests should be able to supply you with a copy of your transcripts and GPA.

Q: I’m an upperclassman, do I need high school and college transcripts?
ANS: No, you only need to submit the most current semester or previous year’s college transcripts.

Q: How do I submit my transcripts?
ANS: Transcripts can be submitted with the Scholastic Reference Form or emailed to youth@upci.org.

Q: If I choose to submit an employer reference form only how do I submit my transcripts?
ANS: Transcripts can be submitted via email to youth@upci.org.

ACT/SAT/Provincial Exams Questions:

Q: Do I have to have an ACT/SAT/Provincial Exam score to apply for a MTM Scholarship?
ANS: If you are a Bible/Christian College Freshman, you need to include your ACT/SAT/Provincial Exam scores.
Bible/Christian College Upperclassman are not required to include your ACT/SAT/Provincial Exam scores. Feel free to include a copy, if available.

Q: Where can I get a copy of my ACT/SAT/Provincial Exam scores?
ANS: When you take your ACT/SAT/Provincial Exam, you can request that a copy be sent to the UPCI Youth Ministries.
Your high school/home school institute or college should have a copy of your ACT/SAT/Provincial Exam scores.

Q: What if I didn’t take my ACT/SAT/Provincial Exams due to the fact that they were not required by my school/state/college?
ANS: Include a letter of explanation along with your application as to why the ACT/SAT/Provincial Exam scores were not included.

Q: How do I submit my ACT/SAT scores?
ANS: Your ACT/SAT scores can be submitted with your online application or email a copy to youth@upci.org.
Please use DOC, DOCX, JPG, PDF, RTF, TXT, and email formats only. Please do not send “Pages” or “Numbers” formats or links to the ACT/SAT website.

FAFSA (SAR)/CanLearn Questions:

Q: What does FAFSA stand for?
ANS: Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Q: What does SAR stand for?
ANS: Student Aid Report

Q: Is FAFSA (SAR)/CanLearn information required?
ANS: Yes

Q: How do I apply for FAFSA/CanLearn?
ANS: See application guidelines page 2 & 3 – Section III, subsection D through subsection E for full details.

Q: What if I do not have my current tax information for the FAFSA/CanLearn application?
ANS: You can use the previous year’s information to fill out the FAFSA/CanLearn application.

Q: The FAFSA does not recognize Bible/Christian Colleges; how do I complete the application?
ANS: You can substitute another school with a similar tuition fee on the application.

Q: Do I have to send in an official copy of the FAFSA/CanLearn results?
ANS: No. You can apply for the FAFSA/CanLearn information online. Submit your report with your online application or via email to youth@upci.org.
You can also request that a copy be mailed to our office if it will arrive by February 1st of the applicable year.
Please use DOC, DOCX, JPG, TIF, PDF, RTF, TXT and email formats only. Please do not send “Pages” or “Numbers” formats or links to the FAFSA/CanLearn websites.

Q: Do I need to submit the whole FAFSA report that includes personal information such as my social security number, etc.?
ANS: No. USA applicants, please ensure that the FAFSA confirmation email or Student Aid Report contains the Estimated Family Contribution Number (EFC). This is usually a five-digit number ranging from 00000-99999. The EFC number can be found on the confirmation email or Student Aid Report. The pages of the report that contain your social security number and other personal information do not need to be submitted.

Here is an example of an EFC number:
Estimated Expected Family Contribution (EFC)= 010661

FAFSA Example #1 (PNG)

FAFSA Example #2 (PDF)

Scholarship Application Information Questions:

Q: How do I know what my “District” is?
ANS: Your district is usually your state—Arkansas District, Missouri District, etc. However, there are several exceptions—Texas, New York, New Jersey, California, etc. For example, if you live in the state of Texas you can either be part of the Texas District, North Texas District, Texico District, or South Texas District. The state of California can be the Western District or Southern California (So Cal) District. New York State can be New York District or New York Metro District. There are several other exceptions.
If you are not certain which district your church is in, you can ask your pastor, section leader, or district youth president. You can also contact the UPCI World Headquarters in Weldon Spring, MO at 636.229.7900.

Q: What information is needed for “Scholastic History”?
ANS: List your high school and any college(s) you have attended, GPA, dates attended, date graduated, and degree/diploma received.

New Life Christian School
August 2011-May 2015
May 18, 2015
High School Diploma

Florissant Valley College
August 2013 – May 2015
May 15, 2015
Associates in Biology

Indiana Bible/Christian College
August 2018 – Present
Expected Grad: May 15, 2020
Current Major: Music Arts

Q: What is a GPA?
ANS: GPA—Grade Point Average

Q: How do I find out what my GPA is?
ANS: Your school/college or the institution that processes your home school materials should be able to provide you with your official GPA.

Q: What information is needed for “Employment History”?
ANS: Your current or last held job and two previous jobs, dates employed (or approximate dates), whether you were full or part time, and your job title and job description.

December 2015 – June 2016
Part time
Sales clerk
Women’s clothing: Stocked shelves, assisted customers, etc.

Panera Bread
July 2016 – Present
Part time
Work register, stock food items, etc.

Q: What if I have never had a job?
ANS: Type “N/A” into the field for “Employment History.”

Q: For the “Academic Budget Projection,” is this information to be exact totals and how long are the totals to cover?
ANS: Estimate approximate total costs for each section of the “Budget Projection” —Tuition and Fees, Transportation, Room and Board, Personal Expenses, and Financial Resources (Income).
You should estimate approximate total costs for one academic year.

Q: What if I do not know the cost of tuition for my Bible/Christian College of choice for the Budget Projection of the MTM application?
ANS: You must contact the Bible/Christian College you wish to attend and ask them for this information. You can go to their website or contact the admissions office.

Q: Do I have to mark more than one Bible/Christian College on the “Academic Interests” page?
ANS: No. If you know what Bible/Christian College you are attending select only that college and mark all other colleges N/A. If you are unsure as to which Bible/Christian College you will be attending, you can select up to three choices in preference order 1-3 and mark the rest N/A.

Q: On the “Academic Interests” section, how do I fill in the section that reads, “This fall, I will be in the ___ year of a ___year curriculum?
ANS: “I will be in the ___year of a ___ year curriculum…”

This refers to which year of the program—are you in your Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior year, and how many total years will it take you to complete the curriculum (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.).

Answer Examples:
Freshmen, 2 years
Junior, 4 years

ANS: “…expect to graduate in the ___ (month) of 20__ with a _________ degree in ______________ major”

This refers to the month and year you estimate will be your graduation date, what degree you will receive upon graduation, and in what major your degree will be in.

Answer Examples:
May, 2018
Associates in Pastoral Studies

May, 2020
Bachelors in Teaching

Q: What if I do not know what my degree or major is?
ANS: You can go to the Bible/Christian College’s website or contact the administration office.

Q: How do I know if I am a Bible/Christian College freshman or upperclassman?

  • If you are graduating from high school you will be considered a Bible/Christian College freshman.
  • If you have attended/graduated from college, contact the Bible/Christian College admissions office and ask them if you are considered a freshman or upperclassman—this will depend upon the number of credits you will transfer or what type of Bible/Christian College program you are applying for.

Scholarship Awards and Payment Information Questions:

Q: How are MTM Scholarships awarded?
ANS: MTM Scholarships are graded by members of the General Youth Committee. Each area of the application is graded and the accumulative grade is the determining factor. Those with the highest accumulative grade will be eligible to receive a scholarship. The UPCI Executive Board must approve the list of recipients.

Q: How will I know if I am a recipient of a MTM Scholarship?
ANS: The YM will mail a letter to each applicant informing them of their MTM Scholarship status.

  • This letter will be mailed to the mailing address listed on your application.
  • This letter will be sent by May 1.

Q: How will the Bible School of my choice know that I am a MTM Scholarship recipient?
ANS: The YM will mail a letter to each Bible/Christian College informing them of the MTM recipients for their college.

Q: Do I receive the full MTM Scholarship amount once I am informed that I am a recipient?
ANS: No. The scholarship payments are divided in half. The first payment will be received upon enrollment. The second payment will be received once you meet the GPA requirements outlined on page 4-Section V of the MTM Scholarship Application Guidelines.

Q: When will I receive the MTM Scholarship payment?
ANS: You must enroll in Bible/Christian College. Upon enrollment, ask your registrar to write the YM a letter confirming your enrollment. Once we receive an enrollment confirmation letter, we will send the Bible/Christian College a check for the first semester payment (equal to half the total scholarship).
At the end of your first semester or beginning of your second semester of Bible/Christian College, remind your registrar to send the YM a letter and copy of your transcripts. If you meet the GPA requirements—outlined on page 4-Section V of the MTM Scholarship Application Guidelines—we will send the Bible/Christian College a check for the second semester payment (equal to half the total scholarship).

Other Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How will I know if my MTM application has been received by the UPCI Youth Ministries?
ANS: You will receive an email confirmation once you submit the application online.

Q: How will I know if my reference forms, transcripts, etc. have been received by YM?
ANS: The YM will email you about any missing information and request you to follow-up and ensure its submission to our office.

Q: Can I mail in my Move the Mission Scholarship Application, Reference Forms, and Transcripts?
ANS: The MTM scholarship application and references must be submitted online. Transcripts can be submitted online, mailed, or emailed to our office.

Q: What can I do if none of the Frequently Asked Questions have answered my question?
ANS: If you have any other questions not explained above, feel free to contact our office at youth@upci.org.